Episode 127: Special Military Operation

Responding to listener feedback on episodes about Drachenlord, electrical network frequency analysis, Stephanie Sterling vs. the Domina dev, Nord Stream, fear-based journalism and religion.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://privatecitizen.press/episode/127/
1 Like

You mention that “doing the same thing again and again, hoping for a different outcome” is a definition of insanity. While it might be insane (in Drachenlord’s case), I feel the urge to observe that this is actually the definition of training. :wink:

1 Like

I replied to Fab’s reply to in this thread

1 Like

Just starting to catch up on my podcast listening again. This was a great episode with some good technical details. Fab mentioned pipeline contamination and made a comparison to vehicle brakes that was quite good, but in the interested of hopefully helping some people if they ever run into this, here is a small correction: Vehicle brakes are very susceptible to air issues, but it does not damage the system, all the components will be just fine and you will not need to replace anything. The problem is that while oil is not compressible, hence how hydraulic systems work, air is very compressible. Having air in the system simple means that when you push your brake pedal, the air will compress, and the brakes will not apply. The process to remove the air is quite simple and only requires 2 people and a wrench. If however you put the wrong fluid in your brake system it could cause corrosion or the rubber components to swell, and then you are indeed looking at replacing components.

1 Like