The Private Citizen 95: Fuck the EU!

The latest episode of the podcast. Please excuse it being a day late, I won’t make a habit of it.

1 Like

Such a ridiculous policy. I feel very sorry for the tattoo artists who will no doubt be hugely impacted by this. I know my local artists would be taking up their pitchforks, and rightly so!

Also, me being in the UK, I think this may be the first actual tangible benefit I’ve seen as a result of Brexit (not that it’s worth the rest of the shitshow, but I digress…).

Yeah. I’ve actually been thinking I’ll have to come over for more than the National Theatre now. Ian McKellen and some ink then…

I have two appointments for a big-ass blue-and-green half-sleeve in the first months of 2022 with a guy over here. Will keep you posted how that goes.

I should probably put this here just to join the discourse proper

I know you did mention there are many types of people with tattoos and I just wanted to share my experience. I currently do not have a tattoo but I have intended to get a very specific one for 5 years. Without going in to detail the tattoo I want relates to a very emotional time in my life (both sad and happy) and something I want to remember for the rest of my life. I have an idea in my head but I have not been able to get the design right. I was going to work with an artist to get it done but I have just put it off for a variety of reasons. One being what if it is not exactly right and does not adequately represent this time. Very different from your spontaneous tattoos.
Also if I was not able to get a perfect representation of this tattoo (once designed)because of some stupid law in the same of “safety” I would be furious

I see this as an ability to, in a way, “outlaw everything.” Not for the reason of taxing it, but to control as much as possible. It has the added effect of allowing them to go after anyone that they don’t like. Easy cancel culture style.

Can’t resist sharing this banner from one of the Moscow protests (back when we were allowed to have protests):
Authorities! Forbid yourselves something
The banner reads:
Authorities! Forbid YOURSELVES something

2 Likes

So true! :ok_hand:t2:

It is the real “no step on snek :snake:” vibe