The podcast is not dead

Right. Let’s get down to it. I had somewhat of a long hiatus here. It was not planned this way, but it happened. It is what it is. This post is not an excuse, I simply want you to know what is going on.

When the year started, I was full of zeal and about to embark fresh into more podcast episodes. Since then a lot of things have happened. Inluding, but not limited to: My car broke down twice and it has now become clear that I need to put several thousand euros into it to get it to pass the German equivalent of the MOT next month. There’s a lot to organise there. Then the alternator on my bike exploded and nearly caused me to crash on the Autobahn. My service garage couldn’t pick it up for a month and I had to get it there myself, only to learn that it will cost me several thousand euros to fix as well. Additionally, the tax office suddenly decided it needs paperwork on taxes two years ago and I had a sudden influx of work with deadlines that were basically in the past. And to top it all off, I have been accused of a felony (no joke and I probably won’t have to go to jail but I can’t go into details right now).

All of this, plus a lot of other little shit that exploded and imploded in my professional and personal life took a lot of organising and effectively prevented me from preparing any podcast episodes or working on my novel. When I had some free time, I desparately needed to clear my head and did a lot of games programming. Procrastinating, I know, but I simply didn’t have the brain capacity to podcast or edit my book.

On a brighter note, I am doing sports almost every day now. I boulder a lot and also started Muay Thai training, too, so I’m fitter and feeling better than I ever did before, which is badly needed to offset all the other stress.

I’d planned to get back to the podcast last week but got stymied again. I am still hoping for this week. Hopefully, I can get back to weekly episodes soon. I’ve also hooked up my new Nikon camera to OBS and will be using that to make video versions of the show. To keep it simpler for me, I have decided to not live stream them for now. I will upload them directly to YouTube instead.

I will explain all of this in podcast form soon, hopefully later this week. Fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Glad to hear, and all the best in all of the issues you are having.

And that’s a weird twist, can we all now be considered associating with a felon! :rofl:

Looking forward to hear from you when you have time.

Cheers

Not so fast! I have not been convicted (yet). :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure some of us can figure out how to get a file or saw past the guards if need be.

2 Likes

The felony part is scary (although I guess since you’re not planning to go to jail, things are ok on that front, too), but all in all it’s really a relief to read that you have your health, have job to do, and have will to live. That (and the wellbeing of those close to you, of course) is what matters, right?

1 Like

Oh man, that sounds like enough shit for several years.
Reading about the German laws against hacking, you probably forgot a password of one of your own accounts, looked where you had it written down, and are now accused of hacking.
But honestly, good to hear that you are in principle doing ok.

1 Like

Or being selfish, recording equipment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I am honestly not sure about that. I am not exactly rich and have had a lot of unplanned expenses lately. Might well be preferable to a stiff fine.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Good one!