NaNoWriMo 2021 Update

I’ve entered Grim Deep into NaNoWriMo this year:

I’m currently sitting down to write my word quota for the day. We are halfway through the challenge and I have 25,120 words. My goal is to be one day ahead at the moment, so I need to get to 26,672 words or more tonight.

1 Like

Alright. 26,769 words. Which means I am still a day’s worth of words ahead. Well, at least if you count after my body clock and not the technical date change.

Off to bed now. Gotta get up in five hours.

This is from today’s writing session. I am pretty proud of that. Some hope for the future in my dark future setting. :joy:

1 Like

Right. Sitting down for some more writing. I have 26,769 words. I need 28,339 words. Let’s go!

28,342 words. Jesus Christ. Tonight was hard.

I have the utmost admiration for people who can write that much every day. I signed up this year but I’m distracted by a myriad of other things going on so I don’t think it’s happening for me. I might pick it up next month instead.

You’re doing great! Writing is hard. But you’re over the halfway line now, you’ve got this!

What were you going to wright about?

I’m not sure I can, actually. Sure, the words are there but at the moment I’m not sure they actually mean anything. :joy:

Yeah, the trick about WriMo is to force yourself to do it no matter what happens in your life. Anything else needs to be subordinated to writing in November. The two times I failed at the challenge, I mostly failed at doing that. Which is why I am forcing myself this year.

Thank you for the encouragement, Jackie! I appreciate it! :blush:

1 Like

Well, I presume this is a first draft, so that just means you’re doing it right. :joy:

@souldessin I only have a rough idea atm. I’m just going to see where it takes me when I start writing. I’m definitely a fly by the seat of my pants style of writer. If I start planning too much I get lost in the planning and don’t do any actual writing. :grin:

Yeah, first draft. That’s the whole idea of NaNo. Write now, edit later. Bit afraid of the editing, tho.

Part of the problem is that I’m also a pantser. I have no idea where this’ll take me until it’s done.

After getting a pretty severe attack of migraine yesterday, I had to abort all work and went to bed early. But I have now caught up and stand at 32,351 words written.

Tomorrow’s goal is 31,673, so I’m more than a day ahead. Which is good, because we’re getting visitors tomorrow and I can see me falling behind over the weekend. At least I have a bit of a reserve now.

1 Like

As expected, I didn’t really get to write yesterday. But I had a really nice day out with friends in town and I think that was badly needed and probably quite good for me.

Got some time to write now, so I’ll be trying to catch up. Don’t expect a word count for a while, though. I’m writing with pen and paper at the moment…

1 Like

Alright, where are we at? I got a good amount of writing done on Saturday. Probably more than I needed for that day. But I didn’t have time to write on Sunday. I also haven’t been able to copy all of this from paper to my text editor, so I have no idea where I stand.

I got up quite early this morning and got a lot of other work done, so I’m now planning to use the rest of the day to copy stuff to the computer and then write some more (probably on paper again, that seems to work quite well for me at the moment).

1 Like

Now at 36,591 words. Goal for today (as in later today) is 38,341 words. I have quite some catching up to do over this last week.

This is getting really, really painful.

1 Like

Plan for today: Fix this graph!

wrimo-now

1 Like

38,341 words needed, 38,346 words written. Right on par again.

That’s it. I’m off to bed. I’m knackered.

:confounded:

40,120 words. On yesterday’s level. I think I can catch up tomorrrow …eh… I mean today…

42,112 words written. 7,888 to go. So far so good. Maybe I can actually finish this by Sunday night…

:kissing:

Chapter 10 now. We’re picking up speed…

day3

47,178 words! I think I can get the last 3K tomorrow on stream!!! :partying_face:

Today’s stream (includes topless boxing exercise :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1217256232