Modern documents without pages

Why are we still writing assignments in documents with pages. As a teacher I never print them, and as a student I spend to much time adjusting things to fit on pages.
We need a self contained document without pages that is easy for all (I do know a few ways to do this but not that my students could do and my lectures expect a word document or pdf)

1 Like

Funny you should raise this.

At work we use Google Docs, and recently they changed something, and the application suggested that I can switch to a new pageless mode.

And it made a lot of sense. Many documents I have, are not intended for printing, and having them paginated is really funny, now to think about it.

2 Likes

Good to know there is progress being made on this somewhere.
Unfortunately both the school I teach and college I am studying are invested in the Microsoft ecosystem.
I do have the ability to use Google classroom and docs in my class but the school prefers Office 365 and that is what most of the students know.
I wonder if Microsoft will follow suit. I should also check libre office as I do use that on my home Linux box (in addition to office 365 web).
Word does have web view that joins all the pages together