Any one else self-hosting stuff?

I’ve actually heard really good things about this one, I’ve just never had the need to change. A bit of a creature of habbit, but it would be the next one I went to.

Ok, I actually do run my own mailserver now, have been for over a month.

It might have been easier, but it’s definitely doable. I wish I started doing it several years ago. But then again, without these extra years of dealing with email providers, I would appreciate what I have now less, I think.

2 Likes

Interesting note about suspecting that Yahoo has Digital Ocean blacklisted, and I suspect you are right. I didn’t run into this with Vultr, and that was probably just shear luck. I actually did look at Digital Ocean first, but I needed the ability to install from custom iso files at the time. Both great systems.

I think the problem with the big guys, Yahoo especially, is that they really do know when one of the accounts on their system is compromised and just mark that stuff as spam on their own. But because they don’t tell the account owners and think that is enough, they don’t have any real spam filters to handle the out of band stuff. So, they just distrust anything that isn’t from their big boy in-group.

It helps protect the monopoly, too.

I’m gonna read up on this. Might be an excellent topic for the show!